EOI’s are invited from livestock producers to assist in directing the RD&A agenda in south-eastern Australia
Regional leadership positions are available in the following SALRC Regions:
Southern NSW ● Northern NSW ● Central & Western NSW (inc. QLD Sheep)
The Southern Australia Livestock Research Council (SALRC) is an independent, Incorporated Association and one of three national research councils setup to provide recommendations on Research, Development & Adoption (RD&A) priorities and planning for grass-fed beef and sheepmeat producers and R&D professionals throughout Australia.
As part of SALRC’s commitment to building industry and organisational capability, recruitment is now underway for key livestock producer members in south-eastern Australia. One Regional Committee Chair position is available in the Central and Western NSW (incl. QLD Sheep) region, while the first term of the current Regional Chair’s in Northern NSW and Southern NSW have been completed and although they are both eligible for reappointment the position is also open to other applicants. Regional Chairs are eligible to serve two three year terms.
SALRC’s Regional Chairs lead established teams comprising producers and other RD&A stakeholders representing key grass-fed beef and sheepmeat production areas of south-eastern Australia.
A successful Regional Chair will have:
- An active involvement in red meat and livestock production;
- Experience in leading groups and facilitating conversation with varying livestock industry organisations;
- A good understanding of red meat and livestock industry structures, the role of SALRC’s investors in agricultural RD&A, and sheepmeat and grass-fed beef production issues in their area;
- An understanding and confidence in meeting protocols, governance, media liaison, public speaking and application of RD&A to red meat industry development;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability and desire to motivate, inspire and grow the capacity of others, seek improvement and increase the profile of the Regional Committee (and SALRC more broadly) within the industry;
- A demonstrated ability to be able to lead a regional team while actively contributing to SALRC in a national RD&A context.
The selection committee will consider expressions of interest for the Regional Chair positions on 5 July 2021 and it is expected the tenure of these positions will commence post the SALRC AGM in September.
For more information, including selection criteria, download a copy of the Regional Chair Background, Roles and Responsibilities below or contact SALRC Executive Officer Mike Stephens on 03 5341 6100 or email@example.com.
Expressions of interest addressing selection criteria and their desired region should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.